I bought continuous glucose meter(CGM) because sugar levels are very important. I’m also sure I will not be in a ketogenic diet all the time. I stuck one in and just ate whatever food makes me happy.
- Blueberries Spikes my glucose levels
- Rice Spikes it too. you can see when i eat my onigiri
- A small banana rice cake maybe 50 cal, spikes to 9
- Energy drink, Fruits and cooked rice spikes more than ramen, pancakes, fries
- My first meal after fast shows the biggest spike. Such as sushi splurge after my flight to japan
- Eggs, coffee, fats, does not spike my sugar level.
- Drinking hot chocolate slowly seems ok.
- Adding in meat seems to blunt spikes.
- On 30th of Sept, it looks like my pancreas gave up on me. I felt terrible. OR CGM spoilt.
- Fastest way to diabetes- after a fast, eat lots of fruits or rice.
This 14 day experiment cost me $88. The needle is bigger than expected but was not painful at all
It got Itchy after 10 days
Did not interfere in my day to day activities. I did sauna and cycled and no issues
Got to be careful when changing clothes
Makes me aware of the types of food I eat, when I eat, what I eat them with.
Looking forward to Dexcom G6 in Singapore. and in 5 years google/dexcom product